Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Who are we?


We are a bunch of 5 young people who belong to Sikkim, Nature Bug is what we call ourselves. Having been educated outside Sikkim most of our life has made us appreciate our home and its surroundings even more. Though we have very different education background, different careers but we have one thing in common love for our land and respect for nature.

For the past 4 years we have been exploring Sikkim in various ways; trekking, mountain biking, camping etc we have been to places not present on the tourist maps currently. Remote, intriguing and beautiful places; places that gives you a deep sense of gratitude, happiness and peace. Places so serine and beautiful it is actually an overwhelming and humbling experience. Now we would like to share our experience with people from all over who are looking for the same. This blog is our dedicated effort to share our experiences with many others like us and also provide an opportunity to others who would like to know The REAL SIKKIM. We want to show you our land the way we see it, we want you to experience it not just visit it.

Through this blog we invite all nature lovers, adventure seekers, photographers and abstract thinkers.

4 comments:

Bhaw said...

Hey u guys are doing an awesome job . Came in from Indiamike ..

Kudos to you !

Bhawna

Bulletproof Raman said...

Thank you! It's flattering to know that photo adorns someone's desktop.
That particular Dylan song has been with me for a long time and keeps haunting me often.
And you too are doing a great job with your blog! I've been passing the word around about it. Hope to see it in a book format too someday :)

Priyanka said...

Hi!

Really appreciate the idea of this blog…a boon for travelers who want to go far beyond ‘sight-seeing’.

Offlate, I’ve been reading a lot about Sikkim and I am drawn to it. I’ve recently returned from a biking trip to Ladakh and can’t wait to get back to mountains. Next, I want to experience Sikkim, can you please share some words of advice?

I am thinking of exploring the Tsomgo-Nathula-Baba Mandir-Memencho-Kupup circuit and/or Lachen-Thanggu-Gurudongma. Can you please suggest if it would be a good idea to visit during December (post Christmas)? How is the weather around that time? Also, I am planning to go with my parents so also wondering if the high altitude will become too much for them to handle.

Please do write to me at mail2priyanks@gmail.com.

Regards
Priyanka

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Need your help! I love nature a lot. Do have an Old age Dad & Mom and live in South India. Thinking to settle down in Sikkim. Like buying small piece of Land and Construct small simple house. Can any of you give me some idea which part of Sikkim is good and ideal? In terms of Greenery and not too cold. As my parents are retired so I want them to just relax and have an peaceful serene kind of life. We all need is just an simple life. As I had learnt from my this life experience that we really need very little to live.

By the way I am more into Meditation, Spiritual kind of Buddhist life. And I want to spend rest of my life in Meditation. Your help and info on this regard will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

oceanic.experience@gmail.com